1.0 WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you when you:
- Visit our website
- Register with us
- Buy or reserve any products or services via our website
- Contact us in writing, via email or over the telephone
- Take part in any promotions, surveys or competitions
- Take or apply for a tenancy on a property that we manage
The information we collect includes information entered voluntarily such as your name and contact details as well as information collected by our website cookies such as your IP address and browser type. This information helps us to process your orders as well as ensuring that your experience of our website and services is enhanced.
2.0 HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AS A CUSTOMER
Collecting your personal information helps us to better understand your needs and provide you with our products and services. We use your information to:
- Process your orders, reservations and contracts with us
- Administer, operate and deliver our obligations to you in relation to the products, services or contracts that you have with us
- Manage and improve our website
- Tell you about any important changes to our website, products or services
- Personalise our services to you
- Contact you about upcoming promotions or events (unless you have chosen to remove yourself from our mailing list)
- Manage promotions, competitions and surveys
We will not trade, sell or share your personal identifiable information for use by any third parties unless we have been authorised by you or are required by law to do so. The term ‘third parties’ does not include the landlord of any property that we manage, or any subsidiaries or affiliates of Ramsbury Estates Limited. We may from time to time to send you information about other resources owned, operated or affiliated with Ramsbury Estates Limited such as The Ramsbury Brewing & Distilling Company Limited and The Bell at Ramsbury. You can remove yourself from our mailing list at any time by contacting us at: Ramsbury Estates Limited, Priory Farm, Axford, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 2HA or by following the instructions to “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email communication from us.
3.0 WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The legal basis of processing customers’ and tenants’ data is ‘contract’ as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, in this case the contract for products and services or the performance of a tenancy. In other instances, we may rely on the ‘legitimate interest’, ‘legal obligation’ or ‘consent’ basis for lawful processing.
For tenants the ‘legitimate interest’ basis of processing your data will apply in the following instances:
for the purposes of carrying out credit checks and referencing using a third party contractor
providing the details of new tenants to utility companies
obtaining references which were provided to letting/managing agents
disclosing details of a tenant who has left leaving rent arrears or damage to a property to a tracing agent or debt collector to help recover money owed
passing on forwarding addresses and contact details of former tenants to utility companies
providing tenant’s contact details to contractors instructed to inspect and/or repair the property
notifying other joint tenants of any rent arrears owed by another tenant
informing the guarantor where the tenant has failed to pay rent
4.0 HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable organisational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorised access, modification or misuse. We use services provided by reputable UK based security providers and your information is accessed by employees, agents and third party partners on a needs-only basis. In the absence of any legal requirements, your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for the purposes given above in section 2.0. This means that your data will be deleted if you withdraw your consent to the processing of your data for the purposes given above, if you cease to be a tenant of a property under our management, if the data is no longer required, or if it is inaccurate.
5.0 PAYMENT DETAILS
Your payment card details are not collected or stored by us. We use a secure payments facility provided by Global Payments who ensure that all of your card transactions with us are handled in an efficient and secure manner using up to date security technology. We will never email you asking for your payment details. If we are making a payment to you we may request your account number and sort code only. If you suspect that your payment card has been used fraudulently then you should contact your card provider
6.0 YOUR RIGHTS & ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right as an individual to:
- Find out what information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary.
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please submit your request in writing to Ramsbury Estates Limited, Priory Farm, Axford, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 2HA. We will respond within one month, of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you please either log into your account if you have registered with us or email us with the amendments that you would like to make at email@example.com.